“CARTOCIUDAD”: THE USE OF OFFICIAL DIGITAL GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION TO PROVIDE LOCATED-BASED, MAPPING AND NAVIGATION OGC SERVICES
S. Mas-Mayoral, A. Garcia-SanRoman, A. Gonzalez-Jimenez, A. Velasco-Tirado
National Geographic Institute, Spain
The present paper describes “CartoCiudad”, the Spanish official cartographic Data Base based on data harmonization among national and regional cartographic data bases, urban cadastral data base, addresses data base and post codes data bases from national, regional and some local governments, to be used in location-based services, cartographical visualization of urban and non-urban zones with no gaps, spatial analysis an navigation on the Spanish road-street network.
Geographical information in the “CartoCiudad” Data Base is the result from integration and harmonization of cartographical and geographical information from:
- The National Cartographic Bata Base 1:25.000 (BCN25)
- Regional Cartographic Data Bases 1:10.000 and 1:5.000
- The Urban Cadastral Cartographic Data Base
- Statistical units, street names and addresses from the official statistical Census and Local Authorities.
- Post codes from Post Office
Geographic Information stored at the “CartoCiudad” Data Server is one of the data servers accessible at the Spanish NSDI (IDEE). Users and value added services providers can use these data through different OGC services (WMS, WFS, CWS, Gaz,…)