6th International Conference on Cartography & GIS
& Seminar with EU cooperation on Early Warning and Disaster/Crisis Management
Albena, Bulgaria, 13–17 June 2016
After very successful events in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014, the 6th edition of the International Conference on Cartography and GIS (ICC & GIS) is organized in Bulgaria.
The aim of the conference is to collect knowledge and share experience about the latest achievements in the field of cartography and GIS. Particular attention is paid to the important European region – the Balkan Peninsula. Last conferences were very influential for public administrations and we would like to enhance this trend also in 2016, when the situation in Europe and especially in Balkan countries is very complicated, e.g. facing the immigrant crises could be improved with support of our technologies.
The ICC & GIS conference is organized by the International Cartographic Association (ICA), the Bulgarian Cartographic Association and the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy, Sofia, Bulgaria.
As a part of the conference several other events will be held during 13–17 June:
- Interactive workshop on “Designing and Conducting User Studies” targeting at PhD students
- COST Action TD1202 meeting that seeks to enhance the role of citizen sensors in mapping
- ICA commissions will hold their annual meetings:
- Commission on Cartography and Children
- Commission on Cartography in Early Warning and Crisis Management
- Commission on Map Projections
- Commission on Use, User and Usability Issues
- Deadline for abstract submission: 10 January 2016
- Payment of early registration fee: 29 January 2016
- Final full paper submission and payment of regular registration fee: 1 May 2016
Proceedings will be registered in SCOPUS and Web of Science.