At the 26th International Cartography Conference in Dresden, Germany, the “Chang’E-1 Topographic Atlas of the Moon” won the third jury prize in the category Atlases. The jury stated:
Technically innovative and fine detailed representation of the moon’s topography.
Publisher’s Description: In spring of 2013，the Chang’E-1 Topographic Atlas of the Moon used color shaded relief map with contour lines to illustrate the global topographic characteristics and present a new view for the Moon for the first time. The lunar global DEM was derived from the Chang’E-1 CCD stereo image data with digital photogrammetry by mapping group of Chang’E from National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences. All of the text (including annotations) is compiled in English (including Latin) and Chinese. As an important research result of China’s Lunar Exploration Program, this atlas covers 188 map sheets and will provide foundational information for the study on lunar topography, morphology, and geologic structures, as well as lunar evolution research.
- Size (mm): 370 x 340
- Pages: 234
- Scale: 1:1 700 000
- Authors: Li Chunlai, Liu Jianjun, Mu Lingli, Ren Xin, Zuo Wei
- Publisher: National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Date of Edition: 01/2013
- Languages: Chinese and English
- Chang’E Map
- GRAS, CLEP (Ground Research and Application System, China's Lunar Exploration Program)
- NAOC, CAS (National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences)