You are invited to participate and present a paper in the 12th ICA Conference on Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage to be held in Venice, Italy, 26–28 April 2016.
The ICA Commission on Cartographic Heritage into the Digital, continuing the tradition of its annual Cartoheritage Conferences since 2006, is organising the 12th Conference on Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage in Venice, Italy, 26-28 April 2017, in partnership with the IUAV – Laboratory of Cartography & GIS and Laboratory of Photogrammetry, the AUTH CartoGeoLab – Laboratory of Cartography & Geographical Analysis, and the MAGIC – Map & Geoinformation Curators Group.
The conference is organised in thematic sessions dedicated to issues relevant to the subjects usually treated in the conferences of the ICA Cartoheritage Commission, according to its Terms of Reference (2015–2019) and the topics treated by its Working Units:
- Digitisation – Georeference.
- Content analysis in terms of geometry and thematics of cartodiversity.
- Landscape change studies based on map-archival sources.
- Visualisation of Cartoheritage, including thematic portals.
- Interconnection of cartographic archival sources, especially map and textual data.
- Historical terrestrial and aerial photography, including photo-related post-cards and relevant material – cartographic parametrisation.
- Cartoheritage web providing issues.
- Interaction of cartoheritage with map and geoinformation curatorship of cartodiversity.
- Development of catoheritage as a cultural issue, within the context of GLAM, addressed to education and to the general public.
- Geographic affinities with Cartoheritage.
- Cartoheritage and Digital Humanities.
- Other relevant issues of Cartoheritage ecosystem.
For more information about the conference please visit cartography.web.auth.gr/ICA-Heritage/Venice2017/.