First announcement of the 13th Conference on Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage
The 2018 edition of the Conference on Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage – an event annually organized by the ICA Commission on Cartographic Heritage into the Digital – will be held in Madrid, 18–20 April 2018 and kindly hosted by the National Geographical Institute of Spain. Details will follow.
The new issue of e-Perimetron is now available at e-perimetron.org. It contains the following papers:
- T. Čelkis, V. Karpova-Čelkienė (Vilnius) Reading signs: manuscript cartography sources of the 16th-19th century from the Vilnius University Library
- G. Mihalakopoulos (Corfu) Alexandros Massavetas’s “Going back to Constantinople-Istanbul: A City of Absences”: mapping the past and the present through literature
- Ch. J. J. Thiry (Golden CO) GIS-based discovery interface to paper map sets
- K. Kozica (Warsaw) Different states of the sea chart of the Gulf of Riga by Lucas Janszoon Waghenaer (1534-1606) from his first sea atlas Spiegel der Zeevaert (1583 / 1585) in the Niewodniczański Collection Imago Poloniae at the Royal Castle in Warsaw
- N. B. Piekielek (State College, PA) Best practices for georeferencing large scale historical fire insurance maps of the USA
More news can be found on the commission website.