The Commission on Cartography for Early Warning and Crises Management (CEW&CM) is organizing a pre-conference activitiy of ICC2019 in Tokyo and Tsukuba on July 13–14, 2019.
Structure & Topics
Saturday, July 13, 10:00–18:00, Tokyo, Kokusai Kogyo co., Ltd., Conference Hall
- Research Agenda of Cartography for DRR
- Public and private partnership in the field of cartography to realize DRR
- 2D&3D dynamic visualization for disaster process display
- Interactive visualization method based on the disaster mechanism model
- Spatial cognition and map design for indoor emergency mapping
Sunday, July 14, 11:00–17:00, Tsukuba, GSI, Museum Conference Hall
- Innovation of geospatial information technology to cope with disaster
- International cooperation in cartography for DRR
- New trends in Cartography for DRR
- Maps for decision support system
- Smart cartography
- Adaptive cartography
- Virtual Geographic Environment
Participants are also invited to propose topics connected with activities of our commission as well as topics of the Tokyo and Tsukuba workshop.
Organization of the event
On Saturday July 13 the workshop in Tokyo will be held with the kind help of one of the leading surveying and mapping companies Kokusai Kogyo Ltd. which will provide their conference room and personally endorsed our event by its Chairperson and CEO Ms. Sandra WU. Keynote presentation on behalf of the company will be focused on the role of the private sector for tackling disasters.
On Sunday July 14th Workshop will be held in the Museum building of the Geospatial Information Authority (GSI) of Japan, endorsed by Mr. Shigenobu KAWASAKI, GSI Director General. The keynote will be oriented for the role of GSI in disaster solving activities.
Instructions about transport to both places is available on the workshop website.
Information about abstracts formats are available on the workshop website. All abstracts will be blind-reviewed and the best of them will be recommended as papers for high quality journals.