We hope this message finds you safe and healthy during these unprecedented times. Regretfully, COVID-19 continues July to spread across the US at alarming rates which diminishes our hope for a safe environment to hold AutoCarto 2020 as an in-person conference in November. Therefore, we have decided to reformat the conference as an online experience.
AutoCarto 2020 will be offered online as a set of extended abstracts and associated recorded presentations. These will go live on Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Viewers will have the opportunity to contact presenters with questions or comments. Extended abstracts will also be published in the AutoCarto 2020 Online Proceedings.
Please find all details here:
- An AutoCarto 2020 proceedings will be published on the AutoCarto website. These proceedings will be comprised of extended abstracts that have been reviewed and accepted by the Program Committee. The deadline for submitting a new extended abstract is September 15, 2020. The deadline for submitting a revised abstract is September 30, 2020. The online proceedings will be open-access, and authors will retain copyright over their submissions. Please inform May Yuan, Program Chair, at myuan[at]utdallas.edu if you wish to exclude your extended abstract that has already been accepted from the proceedings.
- Authors whose extended abstracts have been accepted are invited to share a presentation of that will be published on the AutoCarto 2020 website alongside their presentation. The deadline for submitting presentations is November 10, 2020. These presentations may be in either PDF format and/or MP4 format. Upload a PDF of the presentation you created using PowerPoint or another presentation tool and/or a recording of your presentation in MP4 format to a cloud storage service (e.g., Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, or OneDrive). Please email the shared link to May Yuan and provide contact information for the corresponding presenter for questions or comments from viewers.
- All authors are free to submit their extended abstracts to other conferences since AutoCarto 2020 will not be held as an in-person conference.
- Rex Cammack (rcammack[at]unomaha.edu) is editing a Taylor & Francis book and will consider including papers expanded from the extended abstracts for AutoCarto 2020. Please contact Rex if you are interested in contributing a chapter based on your extended abstract.
- Authors may also consider submitting their work to the Cartography and Geographic Information Science journal. Please follow the normal submission guidelines for authors.
While we are saddened at the changes we must make to AutoCarto 2020, the Cartography and Geographic Information Society is already beginning to plan AutoCarto 2022 where we will look forward to seeing you in person.
Aileen Buckley, AutoCarto 2020 Conference Chair
May Yuan, AutoCarto 2020 Program Chair