Dear friends and colleagues,
It’s a great pleasure and honor to announce the Official Call for the Barbara Petchenik Children’s Map Competition 2021.
This year there are no significant changes for the participants in the competition. The only one change is the new theme of the competition: A map of my future world (as selected by our colleagues from 17 countries).
All documents related to the organization of the next competition can be found here:
- General rules for the Barbara Petchenik Competition 2021
- Rules for the national coordinators
- Rules for teachers and parents
- Parent permission form: the permission form that should be signed by parents or legal representatives
- Author data form: an optional data form to be annexed to the drawings selected for the international competition
Please note: In June 2021, national coordinators will be invited to participate in an e-mail-based voting process to select the winning entries. Due to this, it is very important to send the names and e-mail addresses of the national coordinators to the Chair and Vice-Chair of the ICA Commission on Cartography and Children in the next months – otherwise we cannot ensure a direct contact for submitting the invitation.
For more detailed information about the competition, please visit the Petchenik section on the ICA website, the website of the Commission on Cartography and Children or their Facebook page.
Carla Cristina R. G. de SENA
Chair, ICA Commission on Cartography and Children
Jose Jesus REYES NUNEZ
Vice-Chair, ICA Commission on Cartography and Children