Since the countries in Asian regions are currently facing the challenges of frequent disasters, it is more important to fast and intelligent surveying and mapping. In order to improve the capability of emergency mapping support of Asian countries in response to sudden disasters, the Chinese Academy of Surveying and Mapping organizes the Seminar on Intelligent Emergency Surveying and Disaster Reduction Mapping Service, which focuses on exploring new theories, technologies, methodologies and products for intelligent emergency surveying and disaster reduction mapping services because of the significance of rapid perception, accurate measurement, intelligent analysis and forecasting and warning of geospatial information in the process of natural disasters and urban emergency response management. This seminar would provide a technical exchange platform for improving intelligent emergency surveying and disaster reduction mapping in developing countries in Asia.
Time and Location
- Time: December 10–12, 2019
- Location: Huandao Tide Hotel, Haikou, Hainan, China
- Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness, Prevention, Alert, Response and Mitigation
- Multi-Dimension Disaster Information Processes Intelligent Modelling, Applications and Services
- Geospatial Analysis and Data Mining
- Intelligent and self-adaptive Disaster Cartography
- Disaster Risk Analyses and Mapping Using Social Big Data
- Mobile Disaster Cartography
- Disaster Big Data Processing and Sharing
- Remote Sensing Technologies and Applications for Disaster-related Cartography
- Adaptive Emergency Positioning
- Intelligent Management of Disaster Models
Nearly 50 experts from China, Russia, Poland, Switzerland, and Japan will attend the seminar of Intelligent Emergency Surveying and Disaster Reduction Mapping Service (five foreign experts are planned).
The event is organized by the ICA Commission on Cartography in Early Warning and Crises Management and the Chinese Academy of Surveying and Mapping.
Co-organized by the Hainan Administration of Surveying Mapping And Geoinformation, Chinese Society for Geodesy Photogrammetry and Cartography Instrument and Equipment Committee
- 10 December: Registration
- 11–12 December: Opening Ceremony, Report Exchange, Technical Visit
- 13 December: Return