CARTOGRAPHIC RESEARCH APPLICATION FoR ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS FORMING MODERNIZATION SYSTEM
Degradation of the environment as a result of anthropogenous influences is one in the row of the most actual problems for mankind. For development of attitudes in sphere «society – environment» scientifically proved recommendations on harmonization it is necessary use optimum ways for studied objects of the information on their condition representation in cartographic and other forms.
During use opportunities of research cartographic method (RCM) in sphere of structurization, display and information interpretation on environment research pollution the following new RCM directions have been developed:
- the cartographic analysis of data about the environment pollution consists of a cartographical information display about contamination sources; about pollution levels studied and adjacent components of environment systems; the parameters describing representativeness of monitoring results; in revealing potentially dangerous not studied areas; in a conclusion formulation about a scrutiny level of a problem condition and recommendations for the further researches;
- kartoid way of the information representation on environment pollution by complex of contaminating substances, in the matrix (tabulated) form, allowing evidently to display and deeply to interpret componential structure of pollution;
- «A cartographic transcription» of information. The analysis of the information on environment pollution with the purpose of its mapping. Here formation of a map legend on the basis of a studied information file and its cartographical display is meant. The given approach to the analysis of the information allows to develop recommendations on perfection of generalization forms and an information display about environment pollution on the basis of requirements to its unequivocal and continuous representation in chosen (or studied) spatially-componential area.
Application of the given approaches to the analysis of the information generalization and representation developed practice in the final analytical documents describing a condition of environment has allowed revealing a number of essential lacks of this sphere, among which:
- fragmentation of the information, caused by interdepartmental inconsistency of information formation streams and methodical lacks, such as account absence of the contaminating substances migrations between geosystem components;
- weak conformity of monitoring programs to actual specifity of componential pollution structure in various regions;
- ambiguity of the studied parameters of environment condition, their conformity/discrepancy to normative values positioning ;
- eclectical representations of the information, etc.
Thus, RCM use and development for the information on environment condition analysis enables priority direction definitions for modernization and perfection of a supply system with information in this sphere and ways of these processes realization.