The Central European Cartographic Conference will be held together with the 68th German Cartography Congress in Vienna, from 20–22 September 2020. The organization is jointly carried out by the German Society of Cartography (DGfK), the Austrian Cartographic Commission in the Austrian Geographic Society (ÖKK), the Swiss Society of Cartography (SGK), the University of Vienna, and endorsed by the International Cartographic Association. The conference is also recognized as an ICA Regional Cartographic Conference and will bring together researchers and practitioners from academia, government, and industry to exchange knowledge related to cartography.
The planning for EuroCarto 2020 is progressing well. Here are a few highlights of what is to come:
- Abstracts (up to 800 words) are due by April 15, 2020. For details see: https://www.eurocarto2020.org/abstract-submission/
- Three exhibitor packages are available. To become one of the premium sponsors, please contact the conference organizers at email@example.com. For details see: https://www.eurocarto2020.org/exhibitors/
- Preconference workshops and ICA Commission meetings are free to conference participants. Please advise the Commission Chair of your interest to participate.
- Every day of the conference will have inspiring keynote speakers. Please visit the conference website for updates on the conference program.
- The registration fee covers all sessions, the exhibition, coffee breaks, and the evening reception at the Vienna Townhall on September 20, 2020. Due to limited space the Townhall reception requires registration and will be honored on a first come basis.
- There is a special reduced registration fee for members of the three organizing cartographic societies and student groups. For details see:
- The conference takes place in the ceremonial halls and the arcaded courtyard of the University of Vienna. The conference starts on Sunday morning, September 20, 2020. Arrival in Vienna on Saturday is advised.
- Affordable conference lodging is available in the vicinity of the University of Vienna. Numerous restaurants and eateries near the conference venue offer typical Viennese and Austrian meals as well as international cuisine.
For further details see the conference website at https://eurocarto2020.org.