The calendar of the ICA website is a continuously updated collection of cartographic events. The update is managed by the webmaster(s). The following information is listed in the calendar: time, venue, event name, link to the event website.
The following events can be listed in the ICA calendar:
- International Cartographic Conferences and General Assemblies,
- ICA Regional Symposia,
- the largest regular conferences of the ICA’s sister societies,
- United Nations related scientific events (UNGEGN, UNESCO),
- International Conferences on the History of Cartography,
- conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums organized partly or entirely by one or more ICA commission(s) and/or working group(s),
- special anniversary events of our national and affiliate members,
- events endorsed by the ICA Executive Committee
Each calendar entry must either include a link to the conference website or the e-mail address of a contact person. In the case of conferences that are not held in English, the conference language should be given as well as the title in English.
Other events can be listed on request (the decision is made by the webmasters and the Secretary-General together; if necessary, after consultation with the ICA Executive Committee). The more closely these events fulfil the criteria listed in the Guidelines for the Endorsement of Conferences the more probably the events will be listed in the online ICA calendar:
- minor regional events of our sister societies (if requested),
- other relevant scientific events in our domain organized entirely or partly by one of our national or affiliate members.
Thank you for your contributions to the ICA website calendar!