The International Cartographic Conference (ICC) takes place every second year in one of the member countries. Every second conference (every fourth year) hosts the General Assembly of the ICA.
To get more information about previous and upcoming conferences, please select one following ICC conferences.
Upcoming ICC conferences
- ICC 2027 and 20th General Assembly – Call for organisers is open
- ICC 2025 – Vancouver, Canada
- ICC 2023 and 19th General Assembly – Cape Town, South Africa
Previous ICC conferences
- ICC 2021 – Florence, Italy
- ICC 2019 and 18th General Assembly – Tokyo, Japan
- ICC 2017 and 17th (extraordinary) General Assembly – Washington, D.C., USA
- ICC 2015 and 16th General Assembly – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- ICC 2013 – Dresden, Germany
- ICC 2011 and 15th General Assembly – Paris, France
- ICC 2009 – Santiago, Chile
- ICC 2007 and 14th General Assembly – Moscow, Russia
- ICC 2005 and 13th (extraordinary) General Assembly – Coruña, Spain
- ICC 2003 and 12th General Assembly – Durban, South Africa
- ICC 2001 – Beijing, China
- ICC 1999 and 11th General Assembly – Ottawa, Canada
- ICC 1997 – Stockholm, Sweden
- ICC 1995 and 10th General Assembly – Barcelona, Spain
- ICC 1993 – Cologne, Germany
For older ICCs we currently don’t have any digital information available – except a list going back to 1962. We are constantly trying to add more information about older conferences, but we need your help: if you have any digital or analog documents about past ICCs (proceedings, photographs, documents etc.), please contact the webmasters.
Orienteering at ICC
Orienteering plays an important role at the ICC conferences. Details on the orienteering events and papers at previous ICC conference can be found in the orienteering section.
Further ICA events
Aside from the ICC there are numerous conferences and workshops that are organised by ICA commssions and working groups or endorsed by the ICA – they can be found in the calendar section.