The Commission on Cartographic Heritage into the Digital, continuing the tradition of its annual Cartoheritage Conferences, since 2006, is organising the 14th Conference Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage (ICA DACH) in Thessaloniki, Greece, 8‒10 May 2019, in partnership with the AUTH ‒ Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, supported by the MAGIC ‒ Map & Geoinformation Curators Group.
The programme is organised in thematic sessions dedicated to issues relevant to the subjects usually treated in the Conferences of the ICA Cartoheritage Commission, according to its Terms of Reference (2015‒2019) and the topics treated by its working units. This is the second ICA DACH Conference with a special interest reserved to the contribution of Cartoheritage to Digital Humanities:
- Digitisation ‒ Georeference
- Content analysis in terms of geometry and thematics of cartodiversity
- Landscape change studies based on map-archival sources
- Visualisation of Cartoheritage, including thematic portals
- Interconnection of cartographic archival sources, especially map and textual data
- Historical terrestrial and aerial photography, including photo-related post-cards and relevant material ‒ cartographic parametrisation
- Cartoheritage web providing issues
- Interaction of cartoheritage with map and geoinformation curatorship of cartodiversity
- Development of cartoheritage as a cultural issue, within the context of GLAM, addressed to education and to the general public
- Geographic affinities with Cartoheritage
- Cartoheritage and Digital Humanities
- Other relevant issues of the Cartoheritage ecosystem
The conference is kindly hosted by the AUTH Library & Information Centre and by the Museum of Byzantine Culture of Thessaloniki (see venues). The conference board is advising and implementing the overall organisation.
For more information about the conference please visit cartography.web.auth.gr/ICA-Heritage/Thessaloniki2019.