The ICA Commission on Cartographic Heritage into the Digital organizes a one day pre-conference workshop in the frame of the 28th International Cartographic Conference, Washington DC, USA, in association and partership with the MAGIC group.
This one day workshop will highlight and discuss how librarians can easily incorporate user-friendly geospatial visualization tools into their work – whether that is instruction sessions, workshops for faculty, graduate students or the community, or other projects within libraries.
Date & Venue
To be defined – tentatively before or after the ICC2017 in the same conference venue, the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, located in Northwest DC.
Fees & Registration
Participation is free. The registration form can be found here.
Organizers & Contact
- Marcy BIDNEY, Curator, American Geographical Society Library
- Nathan PIEKIELEK, Geosaptial Services Librarian, The Pennsylvania State University
- BGDb.be: a map based search tool for geological publications Annick ANCEAU, Eric PIRARD, Pierre STEVENS
- CartoShop: Empowering non-mapping experts to get spatial, one workshop at a time Theresa QUILL, Erika JENNS
- Digital spatial indexes for large-scale urban atlases using GeoJson.io, GitHub, and Leaflet.js Evan THORNBERRY
- Geovisualization instruction at Columbia University Libraries’ Digital Social Sciences Center Jeremiah TRINIDAD-CHRISTENSEN, Eric GLASS
- “GIS for the Rest of Us”: Collaborating on GIS Education and Outreach at Ohio State Joshua SADVARI
- Visual Knowledge Aggregation: From Static To Dynamic Information Systems in Library Contexts Andrea NANETTI, Angelo CATTANEO, Siew-Ann CHEONG, Yao-Yi CHIANG, Chin-Yew LIN
For more and updated information, please consult the workshop website: cartography.web.auth.gr/ICA-Heritage/2015-2019/pg/ICC2017.html