International Journal of Cartography (IJC)
Published by Taylor & Francis for ICA
Print ISSN: 2372-9333
Online ISSN: 2372-9341
Current editors: William Cartwright and Anne Ruas
Published twice a year in print and pdf form.
For information, please visit the ICA News page.
Proceedings of International Cartographic Conferences (ICC) are published by the local organizing committees for ICA and are available online since ICC 1993.
- 27th ICC, Rio de Janeiro 2015 (external link)
- 26th ICC, Dresden 2013 (external link)
- 25th ICC, Paris 2011 (external link)
- 24th ICC, Santiago 2009 (external link)
- 23rd ICC, Moscow 2007 (external link)
- 22nd ICC, A Coruña 2005 (external link)
- 21st ICC, Durban 2003 (external link)
(only works when opened within the browser)
- 20th ICC, Beijing 2001 (external link)
- 19th ICC, Ottawa 1999 (zip file, 75mb)
- 18th ICC, Stockholm 1997 (external link)
- 17th ICC, Barcelona 1995 (external link)
- 16th ICC, Cologne 1993 (external link)
The Cartographic Journal
Published by Taylor & Francis for the The British Cartographic Society
First published in 1964
Print ISSN: 0008-7041
Online ISSN: 1743-2774
Current editor: Alexander Kent
Published by University of Toronto Press for the Canadian Cartographic Association
First published in 1965
Print ISSN: 0317-7173
Online ISSN: 1911-9925
Current editors: Monica Wachowicz and Emmanuel Stefanakis
Cartography and Geographic Information Science (CaGIS)
Published by Cartography and Geographic Information Society (CaGIS)
First published in 1973
Print ISSN: 1523-0406
Online ISSN: 1545-0465
Current editor: Nicholas Chrisman
The World of Maps
The World of Maps is a book produced to accompany the International Map Year. The perspective of the book is to broaden the knowledge of cartography and geographic information among the general public and especially among school children. The World of Maps includes individual chapters covering a variety of cartographic topics and issues that form a coherent introduction, reference volume and work-book for those who are interested in investigating the nature of contemporary mapping.
It has been translated to several languages, an overview can be found here.
The Springer ICA series is a subseries of the Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography.
- Burghardt, D., Duchene, C. & Mackaness, W. (2014),
Abstracting Geographic Information in a Data Rich World (external link)
- Moore, A. & Drecki, I. (2013), Geospatial Visualization (external link)
- Zentai, L. & Reyes Nunez, J. (2012), Maps for the Future (external link)
- Liebenberg, E. & Demhardt, I. (2012), History of Cartography (external link)
- Ruas, A. (2011), Advances in Cartography and GIScience. Volume 1 (external link)
- Ruas, A. (2011), Advances in Cartography and GIScience. Volume 2 (external link)
- Curran, J. (1988), Compendium of Cartographic Techniques
- Moellering, H. (1997), Spatial Database Transfer Standards 2 (external link) (20 % off for ICA Members; contact Linda Versteeg)
- Peterson, M. P. (2003), Maps and the Internet, volume 1 (external link)
- Moellering, H. (2005), World Spatial Metadata Standards (external link)
- Dykes, J., A. M. MacEachren and M. J. Kraak (2005), Exploring Geovisualization (external link)
- Mackaness, W. A, A. Ruas and L. T. Sarjakoski (2007), Generalisation of Geographic
Information (external link)
- Taylor, D. R. F. (1999), Policy Issues in Modern Cartography: R & D (external link) (20 % off for ICA Members; contact Linda Versteeg) is published in the Modern Cartography series and not in the International Cartographic Association book series.
(a subcompany of Elsevier specialized in educational books)
- Anson, R. and F. J. Ormeling (1994), Basic Cartography, volume 1, ed. 2
(copies available at Amazon.com (external link))
- Anson, R. and F. J. Ormeling (2002), Basic Cartography, volume 2, ed. 2
- Anson, R. and F. J. Ormeling (1996), Basic Cartography, volume 3
Map Collector Publications
- Pelletier, M. (1996), How to Identify a Map Maker
- Wallis, H. and A. H. Robinson (1987), Cartographical Innovations
GIM International: ICA reports
On the occassion of the 10th anniversary of the ICA page in GIM International magazine, we are publishing an archive of these reports. You can access the scanned monthly pages bundled as one PDF per year.
- 2014 (1.1mb)
- 2013 (3.7mb)
- 2012 (3.2mb)
- 2011 (3.3mb)
- 2010 (3.5mb)
- 2009 (3.7mb)
- 2008 (3.1mb)
- 2007 (2.7mb)
- 2006 (2.8mb)
- 2005 (2.6mb)
- 2004 (1.9mb)
By submitting a paper or similar type of work to an ICA conference, symposium or commission meeting the author allows ICA to publish it on paper or in digital form and to distribute copies free of charge or for sale. All other rights remain with the author.
Paper submitted should be original contributions and should not be under consideration for any other publication. Authors submitting papers warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright and will indemnify the ICA against any break of such warranty. If the paper has some kind of text, illustration or image with copyright a declaration of the corresponding copyright shall be included. The author is responsible for obtaining the necessary permission of copyright.