The Commission on Cartographic Heritage into the Digital in partnership with the Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics, ELTE Eötvös Loránd University invites researchers and scholars to discuss the state of the art of automatic vectorisation of historical maps, with a high emphasis on the use of free, open source solutions.
Contributions will be organised into thematic sessions of 10-15 min. oral presentations ending with open discussion.
Submit abstracts in topics including but not restricted to:
- Automatic text recognition
- Symbol recognition
- Pattern recognition (pattern fill, dashed lines, etc.)
All presented papers will be published on-line in the workshop proceedings. Selected papers will be published in a special issue of e-Perimetron.
- 20 December, 2019 – Send abstracts (500 words max.) to email@example.com
- 10 January, 2020 – Notification of acceptance
- 10 February, 2020 – Full paper deadline
- 25 February, 2020 – Free registration deadline
For more information about the workshop please visit lazarus.elte.hu/avhm